BUILDING & GREENHOUSE BIOSECURITY & HYGIENE
- Disinfection of surfaces, equipment in buildings, sheds, food storage areas and vehicles
- Independently proven effective against viral, bacterial and fungal disease-causing organisms
- Effective at low temperatures, in hard water and in the presence of organic challenge
- Suitable for use in depopulated greenhouses, food storage areas, and farm buildings
Surfaces and equipment in buildings, such as greenhouses and food storage facilities, can harbour infectious organisms that can affect the health of staff operating within them and be spread to other areas where they may contaminate stored materials, including foods such as fruit, vegetables and animal feed.
Virkon™ H is effective against many families of viruses and bacteria of interest to hygiene, including Adenovirus, E. coli, Salmonella and MRSA.
Biosecurity involves the ‘good hygiene practices’ of terminal and continuous cleaning and disinfection of all building surfaces, movable equipment, footwear, vehicles and tools.
The implementation of biosecurity hygiene best practices will help reduce the risks posed by infectious organisms from being introduced into a given working environment, help prevent the spread of disease-causing pathogens between personnel and their introduction into the food chain. Thus, providing a safer more biosecure working environment within which to operate.
Virkon™ H – the optimum disinfectant solution for building biosecurity & hygiene:
- Broad spectrum efficacy
- Application versatility
- Good environmental profile
- Suitable for use in organic farming