LEWATIT® GF 202
Lewatit® GF 202 is a macroporous cation exchange resin with beads of uniform particle size. The monodispersity imparts excellent kinetics to this mechanically and chemically very robust resin. It has been developed for the removal of glycerine and soaps from biodiesel in fixed beds. After simple preconditioning ith 2 BV of methanol it is ready for use. Preconditioning with methanol has the purpose to strip water from the resin.
Features of this resin are:
- high glycerine capacities (at a throughput of 1 to 2 BV/h up to 250 g/l).
- simultaneous removal of soaps and salts.
- low pressure drop across the bed (40 - 50 kPas).
Benefits of the biodiesel purification based on ion exchange technology instead of the conventional purification by washing with water are:
- no waste water.
- robust and low-cost process.
- regenerant methanol is simply recycled to the transesterification stage.
LEWATIT GF 202