Oxone™ monopersulfate compound - the powerful nonchlorine oxidiser - can degrade and remove an extensive range of pollutants across a broad spectrum of industries. The excellent environmental profile, ease-of-use and transport, safe handling and good stability profile makes Oxone™ chemistry an attractive choice for water treatment applications.
Increasingly stringent regulations for discharge of waste water and the growing crisis of water scarcity are driving the need for sustainable and more effective water treatment processes. Use of Oxone™ monopersulfate compound can lead to:
- removal of recalcitrant organic compounds (reduced Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) levels)
- improved process water quality, enabling water re-use
- compliance with local regulations for waste discharge
- reduced treatment processing fees
- less demand on secondary treatment processes
- odour reduction
Cyanides (-C N) are beneficial compounds that have widespread uses industrially. However, in order to avoid the environmental release of highly toxic cyanide species into the environment, it is necessary to use effective techniques to remediate cyanide-containing waste water.
OxoneTM monopersulfate compound – the powerful non-chlorine oxidizer – rapidly oxidizes cyanide ions in industrial waste streams. The excellent environmental and safety profile and ease of use of OxoneTM chemistry makes the powder product an attractive choice for a wide variety of cyanide detoxification applications. OxoneTM monopersulfate compound (2KHSO5.KHSO4.K2SO4) is the first neutralization salt of Caro’s acid (H2SO5), meaning that it is a stable, powder version of the powerful chemistry and does not require on-site generation.
Industrial use of cyanides
- Precious metal mining
- Printed circuit board manufacture
- Steel production
- Synthetic fabrics manufacture
- Various other chemical processes